Monday, March 10, 2008

My report cards have been completed and were turned in last Thursday morning. With grades and comments, it takes me over 2 hours per report card. Between my Explorers, and the shared math and social studies classes with the Navigators, I have 28 report cards to do this trimester. I love my job and the report cards are a labor of love. It truly is a privilege to teach your children.

Report cards will be going home in the Thursday packets. There will not be any school this Friday, March 14th. Friday is a special conference day which is set aside for parents of students whom I have social, emotional, or academic concerns. I have already contacted parents whom I need to conference with. If you have not been contacted, please know that I do not have any concerns about the progress of your child. I would prefer to allocate the time Friday to those families whom I have contacted.

Last Friday was the day before my birthday. I was absolutely blown away with the outpouring of gifts and flowers (I love flowers) which were so generously bestowed upon me. I want to thank ALL of you, most especially my amazing room parents, for the incredible surprise!! I was so touched by the gift of each student's writing about how much they appreciate me and my teaching and also their awesome photos! This gift truly touched my heart. So thank you, thank you, thank you!!

The homework for tonight for my math group is only 20 minutes on their Continental Math League (CML) sheet. If they complete one problem before 20 minutes, they need only do two out of the 4. If they wish to proceed on, that's fine; but I am only requiring 20 minutes and/or 2 problems.

No comments: